I’m an experienced copyeditor and proofreader, and I’d like to help other writers achieve their dreams by offering reasonably priced editing services. Contact me at MEKedits(at)gmail.com, and let’s get started!
Aren’t sure if you need a copyeditor? Don’t take my word for it. Read this.
- Degree in News-editorial Journalism from the University of Missouri-Columbia
- Held prestigious Dow Jones Copy Editing internship
- Worked as a copyeditor and proofreader for two daily newspapers (The Columbia Missourian and The Beaumont Enterprise), a monthly magazine, and several private companies. I’ve been a freelancer specializing in independent authors for two years.
This was memoir sample edit of a woman’s experiences with cancer.
If that’s not enough, here’s a short fiction sample.
Here’s another endorsement from Eric. I’m so happy he’s a repeat client!
(His book, Daughter of Nothing, is now out. It’s a fun YA read!)
I worked with Greg on his nonfiction weight loss book. Here’s what he had to say:
I believe that all works can benefit from the careful eye of a copyeditor, so I’ve set my prices accordingly.
- For basic proofreading, $0.007/word or $30/hour, as appropriate.
- For a more detailed project or more intensive edit, please contact me to discuss a custom price. I’d love to hear from you!
All payments will be processed via PayPal or Dwolla.
Interested? Email me at mekedits(at)gmail.com.